A Mountain of truth - Commit to the Mountain

A few weeks ago I started reading this book, and I must say it has spoken deeply into my spirit and God has used it to help me in  many ways. Mostly very deep and personal.

I have discovered that there some (not many) Salvos who are not that impressed by the founding Pastor of the Hillsong church. I find that sad... really sad, actually it makes me down right angry when the church ..any church, criticises another church or pastor or leader. I think some have forgotten that in heaven we will share the space together...  None of us who love Jesus and serve Him will miss out on that, and we are brothers and sisters through our inheritance in Jesus Christ.

This book is insightful about him (Brian Houston) and what makes him tick and what makes that church tick, but more than that, there is a mountain of truth in this book and that is what I wanted to blog about today.

It was this morning in my devo's that I read chapter 17, and God really spoke to me through these words..some of which I quote today.

"you've just got to commit to the mountain ".....

now you will need to read that book and specifically that chapter to understand the context of it but it spoke to me ..hugely about the mountains I have faced and do face in my life and how God has invited me to commit to my own mountain today, and all that entails.

We all face mountains.... whether its fear, doubt, hurt, neglect, abandonment, rejection, being ignored, feeling diminished, alone, debt, or relationship breakdown or a feeling of being disappointed.

I love how Brian puts it, ( I feel like I know him intimately after reading this book, but truth is He has no idea who I am ...lol )...

Here's a snapshot pic of that page(234), so I don't have to type it all out again...( just lazy)


 I have felt disappointment and its like these very words were written personally to me for this time of my life. ( you might feel them too, and then maybe not)

But for me, just now, God spoke directly to me through the words and reminded me that nothing is hidden from Him that He sees me and knows what I feel and sense and what I am hurt by.

What I am disappointed by and all that stuff... and then challenges me to commit to my mountain, to understand that this mountain is set for me at this time, and that in this mountain I need to embrace I will see the glorious wonder of God at work in my life once again...

We don't want to do it do we ? half the time we wish the mountains that are obstacles and struggle would go away and we would rest in the sweet peace of the valley...

Mountain top experiences are often understood as " high times"- even "good times", and they can be, but sometimes the mountains are in fact huge obstacles in our way, and for us to manoeuvre our way through that experience we may need to commit to the process and  embrace it and then see the wonder of it all again.

Does it speak to you ?

Do you get what I am talking about ?

Well even if you dont necessarily understand me, the truth is, that God still speaks to us in varying ways doesnt He ? 

... and today He reminded me that my personal disappointment is in fact His appointment for now.

so I must commit to the mountain and embrace it and see the majesty of God and His glory unfold right before my eyes.



  and so I remind you and myself of the words of Psalm 121

 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip—
    he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you—
    the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm—
    he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
    both now and forevermore.

.......................................................................................

Whatever mountain you face today..

commit to it, embrace it,
 and see the wonder of God unfold before your eyes.
as I too hope for myself in this also.























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What got us here, will not get us there.

Salvo style.... God is here.

A few things happening lately.