Getting your buzz back !!

What do you do when you lose your Buzz ?



Sometimes we lose the buzz, we lose our joy and things feel flat and boring. I hate that feeling, and I wouldn't have thought that anyone would really like being in that position . Buzzless. Buzz deficient.

Yet life dishes that up, doesn't it ? Something happens that causes us grief and we lose the excitement and thrill, or exhilaration of what we once had.

If you have ever lost your buzz, then you know exactly what I am talking about.
So what do you do about it ?

How do we get the buzz back ?


Let's firstly determine what the buzz is that we lost.

It could be a job, or relationship, or a friend.... it could be that the buzz of life was deep satisfaction in what life was for you at any given time. It could be that the buzz was just a special sense of well being and contentment of life... and I think for me that's the bit I want to speak about specifically in this blog entry today.

When you lose contentment and a sense of well being, I have been here.

I think we find contentment in some confusing ways at times, sometimes it isn't orchestrated by us at all, we inherit it... and if we lose it, we may find ourselves feeling ripped off, defeated, deflated or even lost.  Thats not a great to place to live.

Someone once said, if you are going through hell dont stay there, keep moving ... that makes a lot of sense.

If there is nothing you can do about the situation, then we need to find a way to be content in the middle of the situation, and then look for ways to improve the status quo.  I am no psychologist, but I do know that if you hang around with turkeys, you will never soar like an eagle. If you want to be an eagle you will need to hang around with eagle type people.

You become like the people you hang around with.

If  you find yourself today feeling like you have lost the buzz, can I suggest that one quick way to change that is to go back to some basics and do some inner soul cleaning and decluttering.

By decluttering our soul we often find our buzz coming back.

Having said what I said about the eagles and turkeys, I dont think for my life that I want  my life buzzed up by others and what they might do to me or around me, but we are influenced by those around us, so it's important to be careful who we allow to influence us, but I think the true buzz might return when we get to influence those around us for good.

Perhaps. And its just a thought...

The buzz might return when we learn to give and help others to grow without a sense of selfish notion in our spirit. Or without seeking something for ourselves in the process.

A few years ago, I was attending a gym almost everyday and walking 5km's everyday and it felt pretty good. One day as I was walking home, I sensed something in my body that just made me feel good... the experts told me it was endorphins...  and I felt like I was going to explode out of my skin in a really good way.

Getting contentment and an endorphins like feeling (buzz) is not always an easy thing to achieve, but I do believe it is achievable and  also desirable.

I know that there will be some readers who would say, that it is impossible and they feel trapped in a deep dark hole.
I cant answer all the questions, but I know this, that in the middle of hurt and pain and buzzlessness, there is still hope and there is still a way out, and that if we ask the right questions of the right people at the right time, then our life may once again be buzzing with hope and joy and peace.

Which I firmly believe we all seek, even if we wont admit it.

For me, and maybe for you too... I find my biggest contentment in Jesus and my relationship with Him. Each new day is a new opportunity to start that relationship again and to strengthen it, and each new day I begin with Him, I feel more optimistic than the night before.

I am a believer that Jesus is the source of my BUZZ.. not TSA or anything else, so that when I sense my earthly buzz getting dimmer, Jesus is my source for the true spiritual buzz of my life.

Just a thought.

He can do that for you too.

What if, getting your buzz back was as easy as a simple prayer everyday ? Would you do that ?

I think it gives a pretty cool clue...

Jesus is the buzz.. connect with Him today. It cant hurt.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What got us here, will not get us there.

Salvo style.... God is here.

A few things happening lately.