My heart and mind...

Change my heart oh God, 
Make it ever new...
Change my heart oh God
May I be like You.

You are the potter I am the clay
Mold me and make me
This is what I pray




As I listened to this music this morning, and read my devotional book I was touched deeply by the presence of the Lord as He spoke quietly into my heart...

I want my life to be authentic and true, to be making a difference to those around me for Jesus... to attract people to Jesus and not me.... ( I am not that attractive).        Jesus is.

Saturdays seem to be the day for Me to blog.... and I am ok with that...

This past week has been a bit crazy with “screen time”. A lot of video chats, conversations, discussions prayer and a few laughs also....

In the middle of that also. Some scammers trying to get my attention,  the online world is crazy.... at times, and it needs to be countered with the love of God that changes our hearts, and changes our mind.

It’s one thing to change your heart....its another thing to change your mind.

I am grateful for the positive people around me, people who help shape my mind and heart... fellow Officers who speak into my life.... people who believe in me, and who I believe in also.

My family.... I love them so much, My family...who fill my heart with joy and cause me to cry.... we had one of those times this week where we just had so much love for each other that it made us cry..all of us.

And then of course there are those who want to criticize you and try to demean you..... to try and bring you down and break your heart...   they are there also. (SIGH)

It comes down to who we are and who we choose to be.... we can all make that choice and have opportunity to do so.... we can be the one who hurts those around us .... or we can be the one who try’s to build others up, to look for the positive in others to see their potential and  cheer them on in their journey...

My daughter and I have taken up walking together each day...to get us out of the house and its just good.... she makes me laugh, and sometimes we are both a bit crazy with each other, we must appear nuts as we sometimes scream with laughter as we walk.... and thats good for the heart and mind...and I value that...so much. !!!!

So... I must also say that there are others who have tried to bring me down this week.... you know they are the unknown (and sometimes known) ones who blame you for everything, ridicule your God and ministry and try to pour cold water on your faith and belief...

Oh God...help me to love those who don't love me....

Oh God ...help me to love those who want to hurt me or damage me...

Oh God help me to love those who are easy to love..... who build me up and encourage me and believe in me... and demonstrate that....

Help me oh God to be the kind of person who builds others up and encourages them... and helps shape hearts and minds to love you more.

Thankyou to those in my life who are that for me.....
Obviously I can’t list names here,.. it would get me in so much trouble one way or the other.

For me... For today....and always...

#itsallaboutJesus.

Change my heart oh God...that I might be more like you....

I know I am just a lump of clay on your divine potters wheel, and I am asking YOU Lord to keep shaping me....

help me to change my mind.....
Where I am disappointed and discouraged 
Please replace it with Your peace.

This is my prayer today.

Amen 

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What got us here, will not get us there.

Salvo style.... God is here.

A few things happening lately.