Devastating News !!

I awoke very early this morning to some devastating news... some very good friends of ours lost their son yesterday and it shocked me so hard.... My prayers are with that special family who have influenced us so much over the years... I am truly grateful for them and out of respect for them wont mention their names here... In fact it was these wonderful people who ministered to us in some really tough times in our lives... praying for us, praying for healing for our girls... seeing miracles happen, and standing with us through some pretty amazing times in our process of being called into ministry..and now they face grief of unimaginable size....  life is hard sometimes, and as I pondered that this morning, trying to get my heart and mind into worship, I was led to this wonderful song... 

Michael W Smith has blessed me for so many years I can’t  even count them,... we used to use his worship on our Monday night prayer nights at Craigieburn  and they were always times of power and praise and tears as God was with us in those times.  God is with us in all of our “times”.

Whatever time you face this day...may this song lift you like an eagle 🦅....  as it has for me this morning and as I hope it will for my friends this day also.

Click on the link  below to listen to the song... (* the lyrics are below)

https://youtu.be/tPwhLQfEe8E

Morning mystery pull me
Give me one more week and I'll be gone
It's been a long hard month of Sundays
Still no rain
Nothing left around here 
But the dust and shame
I know you know (hm)
I know you know
And I'm trying to find a way, 
To hold onto my faith
While I wait, for You
I'll wait for You
Now I lie awake at night
Trying hard to think, that these 
Are the hardest times I've ever seen
I'm still holding on
I know You never said it'd be easy
All thick and no thin
But the man who waits, is the man who wins
I'm holding on, (oh yeah)
I'm holding on
But I hide myself away, and I hide myself away
And I'll wait for You, I'll wait for You
I'll wait for You, I'll wait for You
I need You now 
I need You now, (yeah, oh, oh)
Lord I need You now (oh, yeah, yeah, )
And I'll wait for You, I'll wait for You
I'm gonna wait for You, oh I wait for You,
I'm gonna walk on, and not get weary, now
I'm gonna run, and not fall down
I know that someday I'll get my wits about
You will carry me, 
You will carry me
I'm gonna rise up, like an eagle, now
Gonna ride that big blue sky,
I'm sure that someday, 
Won't look down again
You will carry me
You will carry me, even now 
(oh yeah, yeah) (yes you will)
Carry me, even now, 
(You're gonna carry me)
You will carry me, 
You will carry me
Even now, oh carry me (oh yeah)



This fantastic song inspired me this morning in my quiet time and private worship.... and reminded me of  
One of my favorite verses in the bible from Isaiah 40:

Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

Oh Lord, in the midst of struggle and hardship, of pain and suffering and hurt and tears, may you bring peace to this troubled world and to our troubled hearts and help us to get off the ground and to soar like an eagle... straight into your presence where there is peace..perfect peace. May this be so for my friends this day.   Amen.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What got us here, will not get us there.

Salvo style.... God is here.

A few things happening lately.