#justthevoiceofachaplain


It’s Sunday morning, Its raining and cold in Melbourne.

I went to church last night, which is my usual practice these days, so that I can enjoy downtime and a quieter Sunday morning.  After years and years of busy Sundays, it is nice to sit and be quiet and reflect and be renewed in my spirit.

Today I switched on the TV and watched some Christian worship media. Michael W Smith led the worship and it was super special touching my heart and mind.

The song Waymaker, which has become a favorite of mine during Covid , was being used…and the visuals behind the song reminded me of what he have just come through.

We who are still alive have weathered a huge storm.  We have come through a pandemic, which hasn’t yet petered out.

It reminded me of the harsh times we endured in Melbourne, 5km limits of movement, working from home, masks, no touching others, forced vaccinations ….and much more.  I am not criticizing it, just stating it.

I remember when I contracted Covid, early on I was terrified…. So many were dying around the world and I had fear…maybe you did also.

So here we are some years on, and things are starting to return to normal… I will have  my 5th Injection tomorrow, and hopefully will not contract covid again, even though I know many have had repeat doses.

It caused me to think deeply today as I watched the thousands of people worshipping God and singing along that God is a waymaker, a light in the darkness, miracle worker…. that is who He is.

Some don’t believe in Him at all, and that’s a personal choice, however I do believe and my hope is in Him.  I am not always the most brilliant shining light for Him, but my goodness, I believe, and my hope is that one day I will meet Jesus Face to face.

Do you remember still the dark days of COVID’s beginnings ?

The countless many who have passed from this life as a result of it .

I think we all are managing it differently these days than what we did in the beginning. And thats a good thing, however it reminds us just how temporary life actually is. 

We have an opportunity  to care for one another in many ways…wearing masks during a pandemic was one of those ways, washing our hands, frequently wiping down shopping trolleys …. Remember ?

We can still care for others ….a kind word, a friendly gesture, staying home if we are unwell. 

All things that everyone can actually do.


So… as I think about all of this and move forwards I want my life to be what God designed it to be. To be authentic, to be kind, to be a good listener and a caring person. To be approachable, to be helpful and not harmful.

To not judge others or be too harsh, to look for the good in others and to help them on their journey. We are all on a journey, and its up to us how we will live that out. 

These are just my thoughts as I reflect on my life this morning.

There are parts of my history which I really miss.  The huge days of leading church and preaching each weekend… about the love of God.  Don't really know sometimes what impact that had or didn't have, but it was what God required of me at that time, and there are moments when I miss that….  God has me on a different journey these days, and that is also good. 

I just want to serve Him and to please and honour Him.

He has not finished with me just yet…. And I don't think He has finished with you either.

You don’t have to be a Bible basher to be a follower of God. 

Just love others and Love Him.

Thats pretty much it.

#justthevoiceofachaplain


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What got us here, will not get us there.

Salvo style.... God is here.

A few things happening lately.