Mummy's Boy...

You know we should treat the times we have with our parents as precious.
When the time came for my mum to go to heaven it was a sad time, and yet I was so aware that she was headed to her life's eternal hope.

I miss the times of just ringing and having a quick chat...
sitting down and having a coffee and pinching her favourite biscuits from her cupboard..
and of course i just miss her and dad.

I want to share with them the things I am doing, what I am achieving, but also sharing with them the struggles and the pain of ministry as only a child can share with his parents.

and simply that cant be done any more on this planet.

I find myself, at times just welling up with emotion on just how much I miss them, from time to time.... and  its something  we all have to grapple with.

I think, however, that if they could, they would just say to me...get on with the job, do what we started, share what we gave you,  pass it on to your children, (tried to do that) because one day will come when I  too will be gone. and  I will join them in heaven...

life is too short to fiddle around with the truth...

miss you mum..
miss you dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What got us here, will not get us there.

Salvo style.... God is here.

A few things happening lately.