the latest... Hot potato.. Hot potato !!!!!

Make a statement about  homosexuality and watch the darts fly.

I did it on Facebook this week and things went a bit berserk.

I wonder why it is such a hot potato ? and yet  we don't seem to get any where near riled up about some other significant issues... and other issues its just simply very clear.

would we allow a pedophile to be a leader in kids church...hardly...

anyway, it's not the biggest issue in my life, its just that I cant believe that some churches are allowing a compromise to begin  in what is right or what is wrong in leadership of the greatest thing God is doing on the planet.

I think God allows us to work it out, to see how we are going to handle issues such as these and which side of the fence we are going to sit...what is right, what is wrong, what choices we are making for Him and how strong we will stand for Him and what will move us and what won't . !

I also think that God wants us to work it out,  what are our life values...what is it we really believe and how hard are we going to live that out...and even when people criticize us, ridicule us, condemn our view...  are we  still willing to stand up for what we believe in... I have learned this week that if you speak up, you may be told to shut up, but for me I will not shut up on what I believe in my heart I should stand up for, and stand against. even if i find I stand alone. ( which I discovered I do not)

My biggest motivation is, that one day I will stand face to face with King Jesus, and He will ask me what I did with what I had and what I was asked to do on the earth.

I will try my best to do my best, to be my best and to be true to the convictions that He has placed in my heart and in my mind. And when I get it wrong to repent and confess my sin and allow God to clean my life also.

I don't think God is looking for a half baked, watered down, compromised church that is swayed by popularity and worldly values. I think He is looking for a pure and holy church that stands on Gods truth and His Word as its values.

and when...some Christians seem to think its OK for  leadership in God's HOLY church to be ok with practicing homosexuals, or practicing heterosexuals (outside of marriage)...and even if that's the Salvation Army...           well I am out.

I would resign in a country minute if that became policy in the SA.

Let's not throw stones, or judge, lest we all be judged...
however, let's also remember that ours is a task of setting repentance and salvation and holiness as a way of life.

And that if a person of any sexual persuasion decided to follow Christ and denounce their active lifestyle and live for Jesus alone, then I would embrace them, as well as any axe murderers, pedophiles, abusers, thieves....  as we all should.

for Jesus died for all people for all time.

but if a person chooses to remain active in their sin..without repentance,. they cannot and should not lead in the Church.  They disqualify themselves.

that's my belief and opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What got us here, will not get us there.

Salvo style.... God is here.

A few things happening lately.