A few things happening lately.

I don't think I have ever had such a difficult time....

I am well aware of issues where I have been disrespected and disregarded and my ministry count for absolutely nothing... 16 years means nothing to some.... Neither does 11 years of planting, oh well...that's leadership.

It's lonely, it's hard, and at times extremely hurtful.
But I still choose to stay the course, I still choose to go hard, coz I am not going home.

Really when it comes down to it, when a person disrespects you, it is highly possible it is their issue not my own.

I do believe though you have to earn respect and loyalty and so if I don't have it from all in my circle then maybe I haven't earned it ?

Or... Sigh! oh we'll I am sure you get it.

It's sometimes very lonely and as I said previously, hurtful.

Look at Jesus, he was more than hurt, more than abandoned and more than disrespected.

He was killed. Ridiculed. Spat on. Ignored. He was abused. He was left alone. Betrayed.

Why then should any Christan leader following Him, expect anything less than the same.

Stay the course.
Keep,focused.
Keep the main thing the main thing.
Defeat the strongholds in your life.
Hold fast to your truth. Jesus.
Stay true.
You will reap what you sow.
Sow well.

Finally... I am ok, well nearly. I will be.

I have felt the pain of all the above, but I think its ok.
Time will tell.

I was called by Jesus to plant a church. That I have done.
He asked me to do it a certain way. That I did.
He asked me to be me, I have tried to be that.

Not everyone has agreed or liked what I have done, but I have tried to be faithful.

I have done all I can, and yeah It hurts that some have to drag it down and ignore my leadership...

But The final thing I share are the words I have pondered for a few weeks now...

If crosses come..
If it should cost me dearly to be the servant of my Lord...
Then,I will not turn back I am called to serve and seek the lost I'll not turn back.
 If people deface and defame the savior I serve...
Then still I will not turn back.
(words from the SA song book, modified slightly)

I am called by God, I made a covenant with Him a few years ago and nothing has changed for me.

Even if they disregard and ignore and disrespect me....

I will not turn back or quit.

Comments

  1. Hope your doing okay Gary, I respect the man of God that you are. I have listened to you and observed a godly character in a man that wants nothing more than to serve God with all of his mind heart strength and soul and who loves his neighbour so much that he speaks the truth.Because my brother Gary and my mentor, loves, lives and speaks the truth of God in love then this is what has happened to all of the great men of God in the past. There are multitudes of people that love and respect you and your ministry Gary, be blessed in that. Thank you for being you gary be blessed. Peter Sweeney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peter.
    I am ok, I think it's important that every leader recognizes that leadership is not always a very easy thing. The truth is I have been very disappointed and discouraged by what has just gone down around me and yep, hurt deeply.
    However, my point is, that is part of the price of leadership.
    It would be awesome if it were always easy and positive ....but the reality is, that it just isn't like that all the time." So I will see this season through and keep my eyes on you(Jesus)" it will be ok...love ya Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gary
    i respect you ver much and love you to bits. really want to thank you tonight for you've been doing in the kingdome of god. i have been reading your blogs and just want to say that whatever you do for our god influences me in a big way. you messages and thoughts helps in staying close to god and i would never be away from him coz thats where my heart is now
    god bless you Gary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What got us here, will not get us there.

Salvo style.... God is here.