The Alone...Me (Part 2)

Week 2...

hmmm..

well I miss her, and it was made more obvious yesterday at church when the senior woman of the house was absent.

I knew she did a lot, but  that's not what I miss so much as I just miss the support she is, her presence.  But here's the thing, she deserves what is happening for her in London,  and I do not begrudge her that in anyway, in fact I am proud of her ..

so here is what I have learned this week for me...

A few things went haywire this past week which caused me to reflect on decisions I will need to make in the future.   And some decisions that really, only I can make, for myself.

For each of us, we make choices, that effect our future...and effect those around us.  For me that has become heightened because I am alone and  need to make decisions.... that normally would be discussed with Jules, but for now she doesn't need to be bothered with the everyday  choices and decisions..... such as the following... ( sorry if this sounds weird)

My dog got out at home and caused me much worry as we tried to track him down and get him home.       He is 17 years old and is going blind and deaf and cant walk properly either...
but he is home and safe for now...it taught me that my heavenly  father will do everything and anything to get us home when we stray, just like I would do anything to get my dog home when he strayed.

Our dog has been naughty lately, and  I think a decision will need to be made sometime soon,  a decision that I don't want to have to take or make.  (sigh)    Hopefully, not a this week decision.

2011 was a hard year for me personally, it was hurtful and difficult and I want to put it behind me, and the only way I know how to do that well, is to choose to do that.  to choose God over the problems.

Seek God. 

I love some advice I read the other day.... don't ask God to help us with our problems, just seek Him and the other stuff will sort itself out as well..

Last night at our church was a beautiful night of worship and prayer and the peace of God fell in our church, we had asked God to come along and pour out His power and that exactly what He did...... I needed that.

When there are struggles around us, difficult decisions or choices to be made, we need the peace of God that passes all human understanding to be in us....  I feel that it is a sign that greater things are yet to come for me and for our church... and greater things attempted still in His name in my life, in our church and  this year.

Some of the barriers and blockages have now gone, and peace was poured out, at least into my heart and mind, and I felt that it is going to be ok, whatever hard choices need to be made in the coming days.

I don't know if any of this makes any sense to anyone at all... I guess it doesn't need to,  its just me ranting... lol. 

I love it when God turns up.... and touches His church. Touches me.

I don't want to do life without Him, but the truth is, often I make choices and decisions that keep Him out of the equation...and thats just plain stupidity. ( we all do that )

so, loaded up with His peace and reminded of His love, forgiven, blessed and  equipped,  I look ahead.

hard or easy.
painful or joyous
alone or not

Jesus is my answer.  I pray He is yours too.

Comments

  1. Amen to that. I love reading your posts. Keep up the good (God) work :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What got us here, will not get us there.

Salvo style.... God is here.

A few things happening lately.