Spring has Sprung

Spring is here... the birds are cherping, the trees are budding, the weather is warming and the nights are simply beautful, the heater is off.... and I even wore shorts on the weekend.

The smell of freshly cut grass adds  to the whole experience and there  seems to be a few more smiles around the place.

I am not sure I have noticed it as much as I am this year, perhaps its because we have trees at our place that have lost all their leaves and were left with nothing over winter. And now there are little green buds coming. 

Very awesome is our God.

God is amazing at how He renews the environment. How He created and designed it. How He provides for everything.

But what is more amazing to me is the way in which He renews people's lives. How He restores and cleanses and heals and revives.

How He speaks to us.
How He guides and guards us.
How He loves us, even with our warts and failures and weakness.

The other day I opened my bible and was reminded...

"You man of God, pursue righteousness....." ( 1 Timothy 6)

I got to thinking, if I am not pursuing Righteousness, what is it that I am pursuing ?  There is whole pile more to this little story and verse for my life and that travels back in time many years when  I was prophesyed over before I went into ministry, big days...big words....HUGE  God.

Pursue righteoeusness ? what does that even mean ? 

Pursue I understand....  it means..... what am I going for.... what am I trying to achieve ... what drives me...what motivates me...what compels me.... what I am chasing...


You might find yourself asking the same question and seeking clarity as what the true answer may  actually be for your life.

 
Righteousness.... what is that really ?

it is....
 
right wise ness
godliness
holiness
purity
gentleness
 



have a read of 1 timothy 6..... and there is recipe for success as a Christ follower... a recipe to hit the bulls eye....if you like.

Flee from...
Pursue that...
Fight the...
Take hold of....

I think God is amazing, that in the middle of a distracted, even perhaps dissappointed and maybe even defeated  life, He would beckon us once again back to the basics of our faith..    flee from that which distracts and defeats you, Pursue righteousness in all its forms of godliness, Fight the good fight (not the bad one) and take hold of this eternal life promised in and thorugh Jesus' name.  

Embrace your calling, dont run from it, win the battle of the mind, and the flesh, walk with and live for Jesus, who called us in the first place into His purposes and will, and  allow the newness of life to bud again in you and in us.

allow the season of .....Spring,  to spring in your spirit. 

dont let the baronness of winter, the desolation of the leaf less tree be your identity....know that new life can bud again and blossom and you will once again thrive like a tree of righteousness.


I have heard the voice of the Lord.
He called my name, and once again reminded me that there is something to pursue.
an achievable and obtainable goal.
a target to hit in His name.
I am not done with.
He hasnt finished with me just yet.,

there is still much to do, and I am up for it.

Spring has a habit of doing that within you if you will allow it. 

It's a beautiful day, and God is doing something beautiful in each of us these days.  
Just let it blossom in your life and bring glory to your creator God.




 























 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What got us here, will not get us there.

Salvo style.... God is here.

A few things happening lately.