Learned Lessons...

I am learning new things every day it seems.


here's some of what I have learned this week...

  • it doesn't matter how hard you try, you just cant please everybody.

  • stuff will happen, whats important is how you handle, respond to the stuff.

  • when you least expect it, Satan will try and trip you up.

  • Loraine plays cello !!!???
.............................................................................

there are some great books out there,  reading one at the moment:
(the truth about leadership) here's what I have learned ... 

  • the top  3 characteristics of an Admired leader:

1.Honesty
2.Visionary
3.Inspiring

  • if you don't believe in the messenger then you wont believe the message.

My framework values for leading and living are : my top 5.

1. Honesty
2. Work Hard and Work Smart
3. Jesus is coming
4. Teamwork
5. Everything depends upon leadership.

  • Psalm 139
 I am fearfully and wonderfully made


                       and finally my lessons of the 2 rabbits:






I was on a day retreat and alone and became aware of these 2 little guys out in the yard....
I watched them, play in the grass and chew away at it for almost the entire day.
2 fluffy bunny rabbits with white cotton tails. They didn't seem to have a care in the world.
but I noticed in their behavior 6 characteristics which I think we can all learn from.

1.they ate a lot.
2.constantly stopping and watching, probably for their predators and own safety.
3.they stuck together.
4.they just were,.................... hopping, eating, watching... doing and being.
5.they were very cute, and at times just blended with their surroundings
6.life was unrushed, unforced, simple, uncomplicated.


I got to thinking, our lives, (well maybe only my life.... ) at times is over complicated, complex and stressful. we need to learn to slow it down at times, keep watchful for the attempts of our predators, eat a lot...spiritual food, stay safe from our enemy, be alert and watchful, stick together, just be and do what we are supposed to be and do, blend in and assimilate into our surroundings so we can influence it, ............and keep it simple.


and my other things which I already knew, but was reminded of...

  • Jesus is faithful and always forgives and loves and cares for me. (you too)


  • Life goes on, 
  • Ministry does also, the future is still unclear, 
  • but God holds my future

He is already there.






Comments

  1. Hey Gary, I just finished reading 'The truth about leadership'! - Posner and Kouzes. A good read! The challenge for me, is to implement it.

    Also, I love the statement you mentioned, 'If you don't believe in the messenger, you won't believe the message.' (How much of my preaching falls on deaf ears I wonder? lol.)

    God bless you mate, in Jesus name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pete, I place this book up there alongside " the 21 irrefutable laws". Its a great book. about believing the messenger, I agree, at times I feel that, all I have tried to is be my best and do my best and if it doesn't cut it, it might not be about me (us) after all, I cant do someone else's best, at times i woudl liek to have achieved a better result with what i do, but I keep plodding along

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What got us here, will not get us there.

Salvo style.... God is here.

A few things happening lately.