This week (part 2)

its all out in the open now, we will be the new Corps Officers of the Ringwood corps in Eastern Victoria.

personally I am pretty pumped about it. Not sure how everyone in Ringwood is feeling, hopefully ok.

I have been humbled by some of the responses of the Craigieburn folk, and now after 12 years, its time to move on.

On Christmas Day December 2000 our little family arrived here, starting a small holiday before a fairly traumatic beginning to S3064. we enjoyed Christmas with Julie's family in our new home and then started unpacking. At the end of that year we hadn't achieved much, a small group of people had joined us, but the ministry and work of TSA had begun in Craigieburn, and now 12 years later it is one of the largest Corps in Melbourne Central Division. (being careful here about pride) But it is satisfying that after all these years there are results. and they are mostly good results.

There is a good strong leadership team in place.

we have an awesome worship and ministry facility.

100's of people visit our site every week.

and around 120 on average, attend worship on sundays.

we have faced trauma together, done the funerals of loved ones, dedicated new babies, who we have seen grow before our very eyes. and of course we have had our fair share of wedding celebrations too.

there are many soldiers, and stacks of adherents, in fact we are about to make some more new soldiers in the next few weeks.

AND now...its time to move on ( January 9th )

I have many mixed feelings.... a part of me is very sad... the other part of me is very excited about the next chapter in my life and ministry book...

the sadness is because its kind of like leaving a child behind, or leaving family, the 12 years we shared, we grew together, they were hard years, there was nothing easy about it, ......it was pure hard work and agonizing prayer times as we sort after Gods will with and in us.

God never promised anyone, an easy road as a Christian leader, he calls us to surrender our rights, and to commit to His purposes....and whilst it may have been hard work, it is incredibly satisfying to look back over this past decade and see the fruit of that work. Which I pray becomes even more fruitful over the coming years.

But it definitely is .."no pain, no gain" kind of stuff, and so yes it will be hard to leave, for me personally, very very hard. But I know.... YES I KNOW, it is the right time and it is Gods plan and will for us to go.

So as difficult as the next 2 months will be, I embrace it, trusting Him completely that what He started He will continue, - In Me, and in S3064 church.

I intend on finishing my leg of the race here at Craigieburn, as best as I can...I believe in finishing well, and I intend to do that.

My mind and heart is starting to be spoken to by the Lord God about 2013 and what He requires of me in Ringwood, however...there are a few things to start finishing off here at Craigieburn( for us) and preparing for a new set of fresh and vibrant and revolutionary leaders, in Pete and Jo Brookshaw. (great people)

and so I come towards the end of a very large chapter of my life ministry.

and start writing a new chapter....

what will that bring ?

well only God knows that and I trust Him,

so it's all good.

 

 

Comments

  1. Dad, Thank you for sharing this. I love hearing what God is doing in your heart. You and Mum are my biggest encouragement. I believe this is SUCH a God move... the will of God will never lead you, where the grace of God cannot keep you.
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What got us here, will not get us there.

Salvo style.... God is here.

A few things happening lately.